Monday, September 12, 2011

More about me

I'm sure that everyone wants to hear about me more so here it goes. Besides being gay and a midwesterner, I am obviously closeted, which is again why I am here, kind of like therapy to get shit off my chest. I'm not a fan of the phrase "straight acting" because it insinuates that all gay guys should be wearing their lavender capris and spandex v-neck that is 2 sizes to small. Moving on, I am pretty much your normal guy, if you saw me walking down the street you wouldn't take a 2nd look.

About my situation.. I am out to 2 people right now. Obviously I would like to be out to everyone but this isn't a perfect world. Of the 2 people that know one is my roommate, we will call her Lea. I told Lea back in April of this year. I was not planning to at all, but I got a little drunk after going to the scrimmage game at a college in the area. Damn beer. She took it pretty well at the time but since then it is a subject she is not comfortable with so she doesn't bring it up and I like/respect her less for not being the best friend I thought she was and needed in my life. I'll go into greater detail in a later post.
The other guy I am out to I have known for a few years but we weren't close friends at all, we will call him U. He asked me to play on his volleyball team this summer and we got a lot closer. U is also pretty much the only other person I know who is passionate about and likes to talk politics, and we are both democrats-hard to find here. I actually premeditated my conversation with him and told him about a week in advance we needed to talk. Then when it happened he was awesome about it and has been there to talk to ever since, even though we live 1 and a half hours apart. This was just last month.
These are the only people who know, I don't "hook up" so there isn't even another homo who knows. In fact I know 0 gay guys, which sucks for trying to come out and meet people, and is also another reason I'm doing this. But this post is long and has given me a lot of ideas for future posts. thanks, and hopefully I get some followers or page views, I think the one view I had from Germany might have been an accident.....

ps- go Broncos!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment