Wednesday, September 21, 2011

coming out #2

Thanks to socrkid17 for the shout out!!! Its nice to have readers and followers.
You have read about my coming out to Lea and now I want to talk about my coming out to U. He is the only other person who knows about my being gay. One night while drunk I was texting you and said that I needed to talk to him and that is wasn't something that could be said over texts so he decided to come and visit me the next weekend. Saturday came and U showed up at my house so we decided to go and have dinner at a bar in the downtown area where I live and start drinking. After dinner we went to an Irish bar with live music and it was fun, I had my first car bomb.lol. The whole time we were there I was just trying to to play out the conversation in my head, how would I start it, when should I tell him, is he going to be as accepting as I thought, is it going to be an awkward ride home? So I decided to wait even longer...We traveled closer to home to finish off the night to the bar that I work at part time in my neighborhood. I thought that a couple shots and a pitcher of beer each would be enough liquid courage to get what I needed accomplished. Once we got home we went on the patio..cause Lea was home and sleeping and at the time I didn't tell her my plans. Once outside the alcohol kicked in and my memory gets a little spotty, which is the most frustrating thing about the situation cause I would have liked to remember something so important, but lightweights can't be choosers.haha.
 From what I remember: We were making small talk and I said I need to tell you something and he said go for it so I said "What if I told you I was gay?" His response "it honestly doesn't matter" I felt awesome at this time. Then we started talking about how his current girlfriend has a lot of gay friends and that if I was ok with he was going to tell her so that if I ever needed to I could talk to her gay friends, drunk me said ok. Then we talked about a mutual friend who has a lot of gay friends and he said I should tell her, which I have thought about but I don't know her real well and I am friends with her brother. We were out there for a while and all I don't remember much more. At one point we were hold hands, in a reassuring way, which for some reason I have done both times I came out. maybe it's so they can't run. I also remember him reassuring me over and over it was ok and he would be there for me. I for some reason think I cried but I can't be 100%. Next thing I know it is noon, I am hungover as fuck but emotionally I feel awesome. I had to bar tend that afternoon so me and U left my apartment at the same time. In the parking lot he stopped again and told me that if I ever needed anything to let him know.
Later that night I texted him again and said thanks again. I emailed him a week or so later just to gay talk. And things seemed ok as he responded. Since then I have emailed him with no response, a couple times. He gave me a lot of advice in the first email which I needed, I think I might be needy when I come out to people. But my thinking is that I came out to them so I had someone who knows me and I could talk to. But he is still a friend and I can't just stop talking to him. It should also be said that I am in love with U....yes I am currently the guy in love with his straight friend, not who I wanted to be but I think there have been some mixed signals...lol. that story is for next time.
 So that is coming out #2 and the way things are looking I don't think there will be anymore soon. I am not ballsy enough as areyousuprised (from the earlier video) to come out full force like that. Someday though.

Hopefully my future posts will be a little more interesting and upbeat, but I won't make promises.haha
ps-my email is fenery1@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. haha no problem man. keep up the postin, it will defiantly help with the inside thinking

    ReplyDelete