Wednesday, July 18, 2012

5 total

This last week my friend Jake (purple belt) came over and we decided to walk around my new neighborhood to see what was within walking distance and how far I was from all the bars.haha. It was pretty cool we walked for probably a couple hours and stopped and got ice cream and stopped in an art gallery which had some pretty sweet nature pictures, if only I had a few grand to buy one. Anyway we were walking back and he just started a question and I knew exactly where it was going. He said either Lea is a really bad liar or I just believe her but I have a question to ask and it might be kind of awkward but are you gay? I just started laughing and simply said yes. It was really easy and it felt extremely freeing to get it out in the open with him. He actually asked questions about it too, which was cool and sort of a way I knew that he was ok with it and didn't just want to know and then never mention it again. Then he started talking about how his parents told have talked to him a few times about it being ok if he is gay and he could tell them...add that to the list.ha.
So he makes the 5th person that I have told and it really is getting easier. I kind of like when people ask me it takes the pressure off and takes away all of the work of starting/segueing into the topic.
Also not sure if I made it clear in my last post about moving but me and Lea "broke up" in roommate terms, were still cool she just wanted to live alone and "grow up" as she put it. I was a little weary about it at first but I think living alone will be good for me after living with a roommate or my parents for pretty much my entire life.
And I am also very excited for the school year to start, I live close to a college campus!
And I finally watched shelter..it was really good.
later

No comments:

Post a Comment