Friday, January 27, 2012

relationships

I have been thinking a lot lately about relationships and how I get along with people. I have been told numerous times from a lot of friends that I am one of the easiest people to get along with. And I really try to get along with everyone and am usually the one who does what I can to keep people happy. My issue is that I don't know for sure how I would handle a relationship with a guy. After I have been friends with someone for a while I usually get tired of them or stuff that they do all time starts to annoy me. The only friends I really still consider friends and still like are all people that I do not see on a regular basis. I usually want to punch my roommate Lea in the face, I have known her for 5 years and considered her my best friend for most of that time, but now the only reason I talk to her is because I live and work with her. I usually only hang out with her because its comfortable, if that makes sense. I now consider my best friend to be U who I have seen for 5 minutes since the first week of December.
I guess my first issue is that I don't  know how to talk to a guy just to see where it goes. I have always kind of avoided relationships because I was never really attracted to girls and grew up in a town of 1000 people. I have talked to a few guys on Grindr but I never know where to take it so the conversation dies pretty quickly.
I guess the moral of the story is that I don't know if I can handle a long term relationship, which I really want but I can't seem to stand people that long. I don't want to tolerate someone I want to want to be around them and be happy when I am....Maybe I just don't know that right people? And I am definetly not a hook up kind of guy so thats not an option.lol
I am off of work today, first day not having to work since the 8th of this month so I am going to catch up on some posting. Thanks for reading and thanks for commenting if you want..

3 comments:

  1. That's something I definitely understand. I just want to meet someone at church and have that be the end of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that I am anyone to give relationship advise, but I feel the same way about most people. There are very few people who I am close to that I don't want to kill, after I'm with them for a few days, or sometimes a few hours. This includes family.

    My mom once told me, "you are more tolerant of your mate than other people." and I'm pretty sure she's right. I think one way to know you're with the right person is that the irritating stuff they do doesn't bug you as much as when other people do it.

    Does that make sense?

    I think it just boils down to chemistry, not behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that getting sick of friends is exactly what I do. that's kinda crazy reading about someone else being the same. I've also thought I probably couldn't stand someone long enough to make a life with them. Oh, well. Problem for future me. I'm not in any relationships right now, no point in worrying about it

    ReplyDelete